Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the USask Health Sciences Building is, until further notice, closed to everyone except:
- students in a limited number of approved academic activities, and
- personnel approved by the USask Pandemic Response and Recovery Team (PRT) who have obtained an approval permit through the Request for Campus Activity procedure.
Any updates to Health Sciences policies, standard operating procedures, and information pertaining to COVID-19 will be posted here.
For all other university COVID-19 updates, please visit https://covid19.usask.ca/.
Access to Health Sciences Building
Only approved individuals are to be working on campus at this time. Please limit your activities to approved office or lab space.
Those who have been approved to access the Health Sciences Building should familiarize themselves with the general expectations for all members of the USask community who have been approved to be on campus. Located on USask's COVID-19 Health and Safety Requirements page, these expectations include:
- Completing the COVID-19 Health and Safety course;
- Self-monitoring for symptoms daily;
- Logging locations on campus;
- Practicing hand hygiene and other preventative measures; and
- Complying with all COVID-19 protocols including mask wearing, following social distancing guidelines (2M), and other safety in the workplace requirements.
Upon approved entry to the building:
- Take the shortest route to your destination.
- Do not enter or loiter in areas unrelated to your approved study, research, or work access.
- All faculty, staff and students—as well as visitors, contractors and vendors—who are approved to be on USask campuses are expected to wear a face mask in all indoor common or shared spaces. This includes hallways, lobbies, libraries, classrooms, labs, study spaces, elevators and other designated shared spaces.
Anyone entering the Health Sciences Building through the E-Wing doors at Clinic Place or the D-Wing doors across from the Gordon Oakes Red Bear Student Centre will be required to sign in at check-in desks and confirm that they have filled out the self-monitoring checklist provided by the University.
If you are a member of staff and faculty who have already been approved to be on campus and have a key fob, you may complete the self-monitoring checklist independently and enter the Health Sciences Building through an alternate entrance.
Campus-wide Mask Requirements
All faculty, staff and students—as well as visitors, contractors and vendors—who are approved to be on USask campuses are expected to wear a face mask in all indoor common or shared spaces.
This includes hallways, lobbies, libraries, classrooms, labs, study spaces, elevators and other designated shared spaces.
Scheduling Office Space in the Health Sciences Building
During the limited access requirements resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, personnel wishing to request and utilize office space in the USask Health Sciences Building must comply with all university policies and regulations. This includes adhering to—and assisting the documentation of—the 25% maximum office occupancy allowances mandated by the USask Pandemic Response and Recovery Team (PRT).
It is essential that users who have been granted access to office space via the process administered by their college or school document/schedule all office time in the Health Sciences Building Office Booking Calendar and adhere to the Health Sciences Building COVID-19 Office Calendar Booking Policy.
NOTE: Use of offices should be limited to only the time that is required to complete the work that cannot be done remotely. Offices should not be used on a full-time or daily basis. This limits the ability of others to safely use their offices in the same zone when a 25% occupancy limit has been reached.
Policies, SOPs, and Other Required Documents
The documents below have been provided to support safety requirements and policies developed as part of the University of Saskatchewan and the Health Sciences' response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Health Sciences Building Access SOPs During COVID-19
- Health Sciences COVID-19 Office Booking Calendar Policy
- Health Sciences Building COVID-19 Wet Lab General SOP
- HSc COVID-19 Site-Specific Training Record for Lab Use
- HSc COVID-19 Site-Specific Training Record for Office Use
- COVID Self-Monitoring Checklist
- Work Location Journal